I got this guilt-free brownie recipe online so incase you have never tried, I needed to share! They are incredibly moist and delicious. It is by Jillian Michaels (workout and food genius, in my opinion). Try it out, I hope you enjoy!
Low Fat Fudge Brownie
Write a review
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2/3 cup mild honey, such as clover or orange blossom
- 1/3 cups natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with olive oil. Set aside.
- Place the honey in a large glass measuring cup. Microwave on high power until the honey is runny and just bubbling, 45 to 60 seconds. Add the cocoa and stir with a fork until well combined. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, egg, and vanilla. Whisk together until well blended. Add the honey-cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir until no traces of flour remain. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the surface looks dry around the edges of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it, about 25 minutes. Do not overbake. Place the pan on a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing into 16 squares. (Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
- Nutrition Facts per Brownie- 86.2 Calories • 2.2 g Total Fat • 16 g Carbs • 1.3 g Protein
- By Jillian Micheals
All of my Essence http://allofmyessence.com/