Veggie & Cheese Stuffed Portobello
Write a review
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed, wiped clean
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 10oz frozen chopped spinach
- 10 oz frozen broccoli
- 1 egg (or just the white)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3-4 oz Mozzarella Cheese for topping
- Tomatoe slices for topping
- Basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat broiler, setting temperature to high. Set oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spray the mushroom caps with olive oil cooking spray on both sides. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper. Broil 5 minutes on each side, or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, defrost spinach and broccoli in the microwave according to the directions on the package (my package said to cut a small slit in the wrapper, place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 4-6 minutes). Place in a colander to drain. When cool enough to handle, press on the cooked spinach and broccoli with your hands and extract as much water as possible out of it. Repeat this until you're sure you can no longer extract more water.
- Remove mushrooms from oven. Spray a skillet with canola oil, add the onion and cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Add the garlic, spinach, broccoli,, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, ricotta cheese and cook, stirring to combine everything, 1-2 more minutes.
- Evenly distribute the mixture among the mushrooms. Don't press down on the filling – no need to pack it in the mushrooms, it looks better-piled high. Thinly slice the tomato and mozzarella cheese and place on top of the mushroom. Place back under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Place the basil leaf on top and drizzle some balsamic over the top and boom, its ready to be served!
- Nutrition facts for one mushroom- 170 calories • 3.8g fat • 18g carbs • 5.5 Dietary Fiber • 17.4g Protein
All of my Essence http://allofmyessence.com/