I love my Hungry Girl To the Max book by Lisa Lillien. This recipe is from my book and it is so moist and delish! The only complaint my sister had was that it needed frosting… I looked at her and said “you can’t have your cake and eat it to!” ha! But hey, if you are like my sister and want a little something extra for on top, try fat free cool whip, whipped cream, or eat it with whipped cream AND strawberries, Yum!
- 1 box moist-style devil's food cake mix (15.25 to 18.25 oz.)
- One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix with pumpkin until completely smooth and uniform. (Batter will be thick.)
- Evenly distribute batter into the cups of the muffin pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean, about 20 minutes
- 1/12th of recipe (1 muffin): 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 357mg sodium, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 20g sugars, 2g protein
- By Lisa Lillien
- Adapted from Hungry Girl to the Max