I have made many egg bakes and this is by far my favorite one yet. It is packed with so much flavor! Top with salsa, plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream, they taste identical) avocados, and voilà!
Mexican Egg Bake
Write a review
- 1.5 cups egg beaters cups egg beaters (or 6 eggs, or a combo of 3 eggs and 6 egg whites- two eggs whites = 1 egg)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 peppers
- 1 small onion, or ½ a big onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 Ham steak
- ½ cup non fat Mozzarella cheese/cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Next, spray a large pan with cooking spray spray, heat 1/2 tablespoon of garlic. Then, sauté the ham, mushrooms, onions and peppers for about 4 minutes, or until the veggies have softened up a bit.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk your eggs with milk and minced garlic, salt, and pepper
- Pour the egg mixture in your baking dish, throw in the cooked vegetables, and sprinkle you favorite cheese on top! I used low fat cheddar and mozzarella.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the eggs have set.
- Nutrition facts per serving (serves 6): 110 calories • 3 g Fat • 6.9 g Carbs • 1.4 g Fiber • 13.4 g Protein
All of my Essence http://allofmyessence.com/