I know most recipes do not use curry, but I’m telling you it is so delish! Since I was a kid my mom would always make it this way and it’s a nice change from your average chicken salad. I crave this dish all the time in the summer; whether it be with crackers, on toast, or on top of a salad. However, the guilt kept me from eating it. Now, I can eat this whenever I want!
Hope you enjoy,
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), cooked and cooled
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ⅓ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- ¼ cup (1 stalk) diced celery (I choose to omit)
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground curry
- To cook chicken for this recipe, salt & pepper chicken and bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes on each side for a total of 30 minutes. Alternatively, poach the chicken breasts in water, drain and
- put in the refrigerator until it is cool enough to chop.
- Don't know how to poach chicken? 1)Cover the chicken with enough cool water to cover the chicken by an inch or so. 2) Bring the water to a boil: Place the pot of chicken on the stovetop over medium-high heat. When it comes to a boil, you'll see some white scummy foam collecting on the surface, it's fine to leave it. 3)As soon as the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the chicken simmer. Check the chicken after 8 minutes: it is done when opaque through the middle and an instant-read thermometer in the thickest part of the meat registers 165°F (Chicken typically finishes cooking in 10 to 14 minutes)
- Next shred or chop chicken and combine with grapes, dried cranberries, pecans and shredded almonds (optional...I just had some so I threw it in!) in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, honey, salt,pepper and curry. Transfer the yogurt mixture to the medium bowl with chicken, grapes, dried cranberries and pecans. Stir to combine.
- Store the salad in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator
- Calories: 118.6 kcal, Fat: 5.1 g, Protein: 12.9 g, Carbohydrates: 5.6 g, Sodium: 93.8 mg